Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Announcement...

No, I'm not engaged. I don't even have a date. But I dislike that the last post has been up for so long - it was just a 24 hour funk...quickly remedied.

So here's a quick announcement as requested in Mandy's comment:

I HAVE A FULL-TIME JOB! I am an employee of OU, and after much paperwork, negotiation, and I think even a little voo-doo, I am employed. No one knows for sure what I will be doing yet. The theory is that I will work 1/3 time in the ER, 1/3 time teaching and doing research, and 1/3 time helping get a Bridge Clinic off the ground and running (the concept of the Bridge Clinic is to take uninsured patients seen at three ERs in Tulsa who receive new diagnoses such as diabetes, hypertension, etc, send them to me at the Bridge Clinic where we get them started on meds and other treatment, then refer them to a primary care doctor). We'll see what comes of it all. Tomorrow I have to have my picture taken for the OU website...I'm debating whether I should go with straight or curly hair...any suggestions?

3 comments:

Ernie said...

Mom likes curly but you've got to feel good about what you have.

Lisa Brown said...

Congrats on the new job :). It sounds like you will have a nice variety with all its different aspects.

Mandy Wendel said...

curly of course...but i know by now that you went straight...tsk tsk

good job on new posts though! yeah!!!!

(i'm a hypocrite, haven't posted anything new on my blog in months!)