Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Fixing da Funk

Initially, my decision to stay in Oklahoma and for for University of Oklahoma seemed like a great idea. I still feel it was the best decision, but Oklahoma hasn't been kind to my love life. The thought of at least two more years has left me in a few moments of panic accompanied by the urge to run. Today was one of those days I found myself discouraged and in such a funk.

I left the house tonight for a couple hours to watch a movie at a friend's house. My sweet roommate Kirsten who witnessed a bit of my funk before I left stayed behind. When I got home, I walked into my office to check email and think about working on my thesis. This is what was waiting for me:


It snapped me right out of my funk and even drew a few tears. I am grateful for loving, considerate people in my life! ...now to find one that's male... ;)

5 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

You truly are amazing Leslie, and it is not your fault that Oklahoma doesn't seem to have any smart guys. Miss you!!

Orem Oldsters said...

We wholeheartedly agree and thank Kristen for doing what we weren't there to do.

analee hirschi said...

I am glad that you have a roommate that reminds you how much you are loved, even from far away!!

Lisa said...

Leslie is da bomb!

Sorry about your funk. I hope that my little lady can grow up to be JUST like you. Nothing could make me happier.

Love you.

Mandy Wendel said...

the funk is over! post something new ;)