Thursday, November 5, 2009

25 days...

My parents have been called on their second mission to Tirana, Albania!!! They are to report to the Missionary Training Center in 25 days, and we are all excited! I can only imagine the hustle they must be feeling now. The call was delayed a few weeks as the Missionary Department wanted to be sure Dad's heart was in good condition, and he had to jump through hoops to get not one, but TWO stress tests. All checked out well, though, and the ball is rolling!

For three days, I slept after getting off work at 7am with my ringer on because I convinced my parents to have Lisa, my younger sister, who had the assignment of opening and reading their mission call to them should it arrive while they were en route from California, call and put me on speaker phone as she opened it. Sure enough, Mom and Dad were on the road and while in the process of pulling over to the side, Lisa had the call open. I can only imagine the turmoil she experienced keeping her eyes away from the top of the letter for the 30 seconds they delayed getting in a safe position, but I knew she had read it when her voice became emotional and choked-up.

Then she read out-loud: Albania, Tirana mission - the same mission where her husband served as well as my best childhood friend! It will not be a completely new experience to my parents as they already spent some time there on their last mission, but I am sure it will be an adventure which I look forward to experiencing vicariously!

3 comments:

Orem Oldsters said...

Hah, no vicarious about it. You have to come and visit us for Christmas

Lisa Brown said...

Wow!! How exciting Leslie! Tell them congrats for me :).

analee hirschi said...

rock on albania... shume urime!!! gezuar te gjithe. if you want any info, please let me know...yeah!!