Friday, October 16, 2009

Ahhh...technology

I have satellite TV. My cousin Adam doesn't. So when I got home from handing out surveys for my thesis two weeks ago the night of the Vikings vs. Packers game, this was the scene before me:
After losing the pie baking contest, he decided to try his hand at an Institute brownie baking contest; so he used one of my favorite recipes and threw some surprisingly tastey twists on it. He just couldn't stand missing the game though.
My former, now-married roommate Mandy who is a die-hard Vikings fan couldn't bear to miss the game either. She can barely even get local stations on her TV. So we jigged a little set-up on my laptop using video chat so she could watch the game herself.
Say hello to Mandy everyone :)
By the end of the evening, this is what my kitchen looked like:
And this is what was staring me in the face after drinking out of my water glass, post-Adam-in-the-kitchen...YUM! But not as yummy as those brownies!
And the Institute consensus was: He won! (With my recipe)

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

YOur friend needs a slingbox :). Looks like you are having lots of fun, and i would love that recipe.

PS. Did you get my email about my friends John and Victoria?

Mandy Wendel said...

Awesome game! I will forever be grateful for our ghetto rigging that allowed me to watch the game:)
Big thanks to Big Adam!

Mandy Wendel said...

Time for a new post! I want to see last week:)