Wednesday, June 24, 2009

There's No Place Like Home...

Okay...I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss Italy.  I miss the country, the food, the pace, and most of all, my friends.  But it is nice to be home - to drive my car (although I certainly haven't missed the Oklahoma drivers), sleep in my comfy bed, and wash my clothes in the washing machine rather than the sink at night (it cost $3 just to have your underwear washed at the hotel and the nearest laundromat was a 10 min drive by car).

Due to scheduling issues, I left a day later than most of my classmates.  When I arrived back at the empty hotel that last night and none of the familiar faces of my friends were to be found, I was ready to leave.  My travel luck wasn't at its peak for that trip, however, and due to delayed flights and weather, my itinerary was changed about three times as I tried to check in for my return flight.  Although I was anxious to get home, I was laid-over in NYC for the night, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise!  I got to meet with my old friend and roommate from Atlanta, Liz Stanley, who I hadn't seen since she moved away three years prior.  She was a doll and changed her Saturday night plans to meet up with me at Penn Station (which is a little city within a train/metro station) where we ate day-old salads and drank hot chocolate from Starbucks.  
Would you believe people in Atlanta thought that not only were we sisters...some thought we were fraternal twins??  (Do you see it?  I'm still trying to - though I consider it a great compliment to look like her)

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

It is your smiles and chins - especially in that picture :). And I understand trouble getting home from foreign countries. Both times I got stranded somewhere overnight.

Lisa said...

I agree, you have a very similar facial shape.

Liz said...

Definitely separated at birth.