Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sargent Largent

So...we have a new roommate. And I didn't have any say in this. His name is Sargent Largent - or Sarge as my roommates so affectionately call him. Sarge is a snake. What kind, we're not sure, but Mandy (roommate) assures me that he's not poisonous...okaaaay...like that makes it any better!

Sarge came to visit us one night in Da Plex (term of endearment we use for the duplex since it's not a house, and it's not an apartment - it's: Da Plex) while I was busy at work. According to eyewitness accounts, he was found curled up in a ball in the corner of the living room by the door. Screams ensued, video rolled, and Sarge was trapped in a container of some sort. As any rational person would, however, my roommates did not throw him BACK out the front door. Rather, Mandy took one of her three trips to Wal-Mart that day, and bought a little plastic cage for him, complete with fake branches, and painted rocks. She even threw a cricket in there ten times the size of his mouth for him to eat.

I'm not sure what is most disturbing. 1) The fact that my roommates caught a snake in Da Plex or 2) That my roommates actually kept the thing and NAMED IT (After Kirsten Largent - the roommate that had the nerve to catch him)!

Fortunately for me, Sarge was forgotten at Mandy's sister's house in a neighboring town just a bit too far away to just drive to and pick up. I've only had to spend one night with the thing in the house. I can't guarantee when Sarge gets home, however, that he might not "accidentally" find his way back outside...



1 comment:

Lisa Brown said...

my brother Matthew had a pet snake when he was young, and it was always getting out and lost in our house - so beware :).