Saturday, April 5, 2008

For the Record...










Despite the crazy schedule I've been having at work, I managed to bribe the scheduler into giving me the weekend off for General Conference for church. Realizing I actually had a Saturday night off and no need to be up before 10am the next day, I decided to be social and went to a friend's house where a group of people were watching Enchanted.






Before it started, a fellow sat down next to me and said, "Is it true you don't like Oklahoma?"





The question caught me off guard, and initially I opened my mouth to refute such a rumor thinking I'd been misrepresented...until I realized, nope; that was exactly how I felt since I moved here January 16, 2007 until approximately August 11, 2007 when I began to have a change of heart... My initial shock at the inquiry came as a result of the fact that the place in kinda growing on me. Am I about to buy a house and settle down here long term? By all means, and adamentely NO. Am I happier here? Yes.


Here are a few things I love about Oklahoma:





1) Because there is practically rise or fall in the terrain, we have some incredible sunsets - ones that stretch for miles across the horizon and appear as though everything is on fire





2) Although as a child they used to terrify me, I have seen the most electric and intense lightning storms. The shows are free and the views are great. You just find yourself hoping as you drive through them that the saying about the safest place in a lightning storm being your car is true. (I still have yet to clarify that as I thought it was refuted, but a doctor at the hospital I work for gave a conference on it and stated the fact...)



3) James Marsden is from Oklahoma
....need I say more?

4) I've been blessed with some good friends, good laughs, and good memories here in Oklahoma
(Mandy's gonna kill me for this picture, so I made it small. She and James look related, don't they...)

5) I LOVE my kitchen! I may never move just because I love it so much! Or maybe I'll just design my next kitchen after it...
Anyway, I like Oklahoma more than I let on. Sure, single life as a 28 year-old Mormon female is a bit lacking. But I have those lightning storms to give me a bit of excitement...for now...















3 comments:

Rae said...

Welcome back to the blog world. I was wondering if you were coming back. Interesting enough, I read this post after hearing Sister Tanners talk on finding delight in our lives. Glad that there is something to delight in Oklahoma. ;)

Lisa Brown said...

I am glad you are happier there. I need to call you sometime - it feels like forever since I got the latest scoop on your life :).

analee hirschi said...

yes, for the record, Idaho rocks!!!