Sunday, December 23, 2007

Espana






Five years after taking a class on Spain because the one I wanted to take on Latin America was full, I was able to experience a country I fell in love with through textbooks. Espana.






When my good friend Cristina decided to celebrate her 30th by going, I jumped at the chance...









One day was taken to "Rock the Casba" in Morrocco...

It was a very nice lunch until I got pulled out of the crowd to dance. Do you have any idea how hard it is to shimmy and march at the same time...

The trip was spent on daily "excursions" where a bus would pick us up, take us to our destination, then drop us back off. It provided for some comical experiences and meeting some interesting people including an elder woman known as "Gray Goose," a woman we dubbed "Red Boots" as you can guess why, "Camo Pants," and the drunk Irishman I got to sit by for a whole two hours. I think I almost got drunk from all the spit that hit me when he talked in my face. Usually we were the only people under the age of 70.

3 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

How much fun! You are traveling everywhere - I'm jealous :). Hope you had a great Christmas!!

Lisa said...

How come we didn't get to see that shimmy/march when you were in town? You know I love a good dance, wink wink.

Ashleigh said...

Hey Leslie, This is your highschool friend, Ashleigh, saying hello from Inkom, ID. It was so good to see you again in Spain, Oklahoma and Italy! And an English Scholar, what an extraordinary accomplishment. I'd love to know what you are doing for a living now. I found you through dear Lisa who has been so faithful to keep track of me. I have a hard time keeping track of myself. I have five boys now! My oldest was baptized in August and my youngest is 8 months. My husband became a real estate agent in August and absolutely loves it, so if you want to move back to Idaho, I'll hook ya up! The most exciting news this month was that Dale just finished his first CD last week and gave a local concert on Saturday. That was a lot of fun! I look forward to hearing from you. My email address is ashndale@dats.com Love, Ashleigh PS You are so beautiful! Have a wonderful day!